Improving your posture and other daily habits can go a long way in avoiding back pain!
In our previous post we talked about the importance of Preventive Care to Avoid Back Pain and how Chiropractic can help you out. Today we want to go even further and give you vital information and tips for you to include in your daily life, that will help you accomplish the preventative practices we are talking about.
Good posture is the quickest, easiest way to prevent spine injuries and subluxations. Plus, it will make you look better, taller and thinner in your favorite swimsuit, which is also a good tip for Spring and Summer outdoor activities! You can achieve good posture by keeping your back straight, your shoulders back, and distribute your weight evenly on both hips.
More tips you can use together with good posture and regular Chiropractic care
- Maintain a healthy diet and ideal weight
- Avoid prolonged inactivity or bed rest, try to exercise at least 30 minutes every day
- Warm up and stretch before exercising or doing other physical activities
- Wear comfortable, low-heeled shoes
- Sleep on a mattress of medium firmness to minimize curves in your spine
- When lifting heavy items, do it with your knees and keep the object close to your body. Do not twist when lifting
- Smoking impairs blood flow, resulting in oxygen and nutrient deprivation to spinal tissues. Quitting is the best thing you can do for your general health.
- Work with Dr. Terry to ensure your workstation is ergonomically correct!
Individualized care to treat each case
No two cases of back pain are the same. It could be caused by muscle strains, disc herniation, joint injuries, arthritis, scoliosis, bad posture and stress. This is why an individualized treatment approach is required for each patient and at Terry Chiropractic in Boulder, our comprehensive treatment plan is designed to take you through complete rehabilitation, targeting the source of the problem so you will hopefully not need to return to the office with the same issue for the rest of your life!
Give yourself the gift of the best Preventive Chiropractic Care in Boulder!
Welcome to Terry Chiropractic Health Center in Boulder, CO! We are one of the few Chiropractic offices around the world utilizing procedures and techniques that are “on the cutting edge” of Chiropractic and the health care industry. This is a highly trained Chiropractic office specializing in Chiropractic-Biophysics (CBP), Applied Kinesiology (AK), Nutritional Counseling, and Exercise and Weight-Loss Programs.
Our patient testimonials will testify to the quality and success of the care we provide. We don’t want to simply manage the issues you are experiencing, we want to correct them! Stay tuned with our news, videos and healthcare posts through all of our channels: Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Youtube and Pinterest.